Theme
Low Contrast High Contrast | Blue Theme Orange Theme Brown Theme

Text Size

Current Size: 100%

Search

National Urban Information System (NUIS)

Active forum topics

National Urban Information System is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme and 75% of the total expenditure of this scheme will be provided by the Government in the form of grant and the rest 25% is expected to be spent by the state government. In the first phase, six cities of Maharashtra namely Pune, Nashik, Aurangabad, Bhiwandi, Pimpri-Chinchwad and Thane have been selected under this scheme. According to the guidelines of this scheme, the full amount of the share of the State for the hardware/software system of this scheme and the central government’s share has been received in the first stage and the hardware/software purchased from the same has been allotted to the concerned authorities.
In addition to the above cities, three more cities like Mumbai, Akola, and Jalna have also been selected for the National Urban Database & Indicators (NUDB & I) component in this scheme. The work of the scheme is in progress. According to the guidelines of the scheme, the State Government has appointed the Directorate of town planning as the State Nodal Agency and in order to effectively implement this scheme, a special cell (NUIS Cell) has been set up headed by the Assistant Director, Town planning.



National Urban Information System (NUIS)